March 30, 2015
Spring is here—and we’ve got some great reasons for you to stop by our stores, donation centers, and job training and education centers! Tune into our blog for upcoming tips & tricks on spring cleaning, and tune in on our social media pages for upcoming giveaways!
GOODWILL CHILDREN’S BARGAIN STORE GRAND OPENING: April 2
We recently made some big changes to our Ravenna store—transforming it into the Goodwill Children’s Bargain Store! The store now features children’s clothes, shoes, toys, books, and furniture—and all at a great price! They’re currently open 11 am – 6 pm every day—and will be hosting a Grand Reopening on April 2!
EASTER: April 5
All of our stores, donation centers, and job training and education centers will be closed on Sunday, April 5 for Easter so our staff can enjoy the holiday!
FREE TAX ASSISTANCE: Now – April 18
Thanks to a partnership with United Way of King County, six of our Job Training and Education Centers will be hosting tax preparers to help you take care of your taxes. You can click here to learn more: http://bit.ly/SGWtaxhelp
EARTH DAY GIVEAWAYS: April 20 – May 1
Like previous years, we’re celebrating Earth Day with two weeks of twice-daily giveaways on our Facebook page! This year, we’ll be running the giveaways Monday – Friday from April 20 until May 1. There will be one ongoing grand prize drawing, as well. Local companies and organizations have donated over $2,500 in prizes to give away this year, so stay tuned!
EARTH DAY CONCERT: April 29
We’ve teamed up with Audioasis on KEXP to present a benefit concert for Seattle Goodwill at Tractor Tavern on Wednesday, April 29. The show will feature local music talent including The Moondoggies and Deep Sea Diver.
March 12, 2015
The right bag is an indispensable part of daily life. It might be your commuter bag (check out the Anne Klein tote below!), something for a night out - or your go-to purse, but in a world where women's pants pockets fit virtually nothing, the perfect bag is important.
Thanks to our University District store's upcoming Designer Accessory Sale, you've got an opportunity to find THE bag at a great price. This Friday and Saturday (March 13th and 14th), swing by our U District store for an excellent selection of real and faux designer bags as well as shoes, other accessories, and a variety of items for men like ties, hats, shoes and belts!
Here are some of the bags that'll be available at the sale:
CoachAdd a Comment | Comments (0)
March 10, 2015
It's not a perfect outfit without the perfect shoe! Visit our University District store this Friday and Saturday from 9am to 8pm for an outstanding selection of real and faux designer shoes at our sixth annual Designer Accessory Sale!
There will be shoes in many different styles, sizes, and brands for both men and women - as well as accessories like handbags (stay tuned for our next preview!) and hats, ties, and belts for men.
Stay tuned for a preview of some more bags that will be at the sale! RSVP to our Facebook Event to get early previews - and subscribe to our blog (to the right) to get it sent directly to your inbox!
DKNYAdd a Comment | Comments (0)
March 6, 2015
A lot of our customers compare thrift shopping to a treasure hunt—and we wholeheartedly agree with them. There’s nothing like the feeling of sifting through a rack and finding the perfect item. The magical item that is not only exactly what you were looking for (or maybe exactly what you didn’t know you were looking for), but at a great price.
To celebrate the art of the treasure hunt, we’re currently having a contest! You’ve got until 11:59pm PST on Monday, March 16th to enter to win up to $250 in gift cards to Anthony’s Restaurants (one of our favorite local restaurants) and Seattle Goodwill! Entering is simple—you can do it via the form below, or via our Facebook page at this link: http://bit.ly/GWTreasureHunt—all you need to do is fill out the form with your first and last name, email address, a caption, and your photo!
Invite your friends to vote for your entry—as the three prize winners will be selected by a panel of Seattle Goodwill staff from the top ten publicly voted entries!
And don’t forget that our sixth annual Designer Accessory Sale is happening on the March 13th and 14th at our University District location! The treasures you find at that sale can be entered in our contest! RSVP to our Facebook event page for early previews!
Designer Accessory Sale finds are wonderful entries for the contest, but any Goodwill-found items are welcome in our Treasure Hunt! It could be your awesome Glitter Sale find, that perfect piece of vintage Pyrex, a refurbished piece of furniture, or even the hard-to-find analog electronic components that allow you to keep your throwback gaming system up and running! All Goodwill treasures are welcome!
February 27, 2015
Our Designer Accessory Sale is right around the corner! Friday and Saturday, March 13th and 14th, our University District store will be hosting this sale for the sixth year in a row - and there are some awesome items lined up!
Doors will open at 9am, and store staff will be restocking the shelves all day both Friday and Saturday to ensure shoppers have an great selection to choose from! There will be accessories for both men and women, including shoes, hats, handbags, ties, belts, and more!
We'll be releasing more previews (think: heels and more handbags!) as we get closer to the sale! RSVP to our Facebook Event to get early previews - and subscribe to our blog (to the right) to get the previews sent directly to your inbox!
Here's a selection of a few of the casual shoes that will be available:
UggAdd a Comment | Comments (0)
CONNECT WITH US
SUBSCRIBE VIA EMAIL
- Upcoming Events: Spring 2015
- Designer Accessory Sale 2015 Preview: More Bags!
- Designer Accessory Sale 2015 Preview: Shoes
- The Goodwill Treasure Hunt Contest
- Celebrating 90 Years (17)
- Community (55)
- Contests & Giveaways (18)
- DIY Projects (25)
- Donate (24)
- Fashion (53)
- Glitter Gala (6)
- Glitter Sale (65)
- Halloween (7)
- Holidays (13)
- Job Training & Education (32)
- Let's Get to Work (8)
- Our Mission at Work (12)
- Sales & Events (90)
- Shop (133)
- Sustainability (19)
- Valentine's Day (11)
- Vintage Fashion (6)
- Volunteering (8)
- Youth Programs & Green Corps (4)
- March 2015 (4)
- Designer Accessory Sale 2015 Preview: Casual Shoes
- Designer Accessory Sale 2015 Preview: Black Bags
- Oscar Glam, Goodwill Finds
- Festivities and Fun for Chinese New Year
- Expanded vintage selection at U-District!
- Thrifty Valentine’s Day Ideas: Treasure Hunt
- Thrifty Valentine's Day Ideas: Outdoor Adventures
- Thrifty Valentine’s Day Ideas: Throwback Fun
- Thrifty Valentine's Day Ideas: Coffee Cupping
- Thrifty Valentine's Day Ideas: Thrift Shop Gift Challenge
- Thrifty Valentine's Day Ideas: Variations on a Picnic
- Thrifty Valentine's Day Ideas: Private Movie Theater
- Thrifty Valentine's Day Ideas: Arts & Crafts
- Thrifty Valentine's Day Ideas: Ingredients-Only Potluck
- Thrifty Valentine's Day Ideas: Ferry Ride Picnic
- Thrifty Valentine's Day Ideas: Game Night
- January 2015 (7)
- December 2014 (2)
- Sparkle Sale: Cyber Monday Preview
- Seven ways to save money AND the environment during holiday party season
- Holiday DIY: Peacock Ornaments
- The Holidays Are Here!
- Glitter Sale 2014: The Best of the Rest
- Glitter Sale 2014: Make a Statement!
- Tips for Shopping the Glitter Sale
- Glitter Sale 2014: Holiday Brooches and Pins!
- Glitter Sale 2014: Get Ready to Party - Evening Gowns & Cocktail Dresses!
- Glitter Sale 2014: Brooch the Subject!
- Glitter Sale 2014: Celebrating Diane von Furstenberg!
- Glitter Sale 2014: Marc Jacobs
- Glitter Sale 2014: Dooney & Bourke
- Glitter Sale 2014: Little Black Dress
- Meet Erik Albidress: Makeup Artist
- Glitter Sale 2014: Discover Designer Jewelry at the Glitter Sale!
- Glitter Sale 2014: Creating style with Coach!
- Meet Ron Leamon: Professional Costume Designer
- Glitter Gala Interns: Jenn
- Glitter Sale 2014: Kate Spade
- Glitter Sale 2014: First Look
- Glitter Gala Interns: Sonya
- Halloween Trends 2014
- September 2014 (5)
- August 2014 (2)
- The Thrift Whisperer: Interview with Kim Holcomb
- Family Health & Safety Fair
- Thrifting is more fun than traffic
- Bringing instruments back to life: Mike & Mike’s Guitar Bar
- Eastside Treasures – Interview with Rebecca Klein
- Summer Online Music Festival & Giveaway
- Julie LaPuma: Manager of the largest Goodwill in the US
- All About Kate
- June 2014 (4)
- May 2014 (4)
- April 2014 (2)
- March 2014 (4)
- February 2014 (4)
- January 2014 (1)
- December 2013 (3)
- Glitter Sale 2013 Raises Record Amount
- Making Room for 2013 Glitter Sale Finds
- The Mission at Work – Innocent’s Story
- Glitter Sale Preview 2013: The Best of the Rest
- Glitter Sale 2013 Preview: Vintage Finds
- Glitter Sale 2013 Preview: Tips for Shopping the Glitter Sale
- Glitter Sale 2013 Preview: UW Pride
- Glitter Sale 2013 Preview: The Perfect Handbag
- Glitter Sale 2013 Preview: Holiday Pins
- Glitter Sale Preview: Mad for Plaid
- Glitter Sale 2013 Preview: Designer Shoes
- Glitter Sale 2013 Preview: Crushing on Coach
- Glitter Sale 2013 Preview: Animal Prints - Walk on the Wild Side
- Glitter Sale 2013 Preview: The Little Black Dress
- Glitter Sale 2013 Preview: Winter Whites
- Glitter Sale 2013 Preview: Burberry
- Halloween Costume Ideas and Contests
- Zipcar and Goodwill Partner for Donation Day Seattle on October 19
- Glitter Sale 2013: Eye Catching Emerald Green!
- Going for LEED Gold
- Goodwill is your Halloween Headquarters
- September 2013 (2)
- August 2013 (6)
- July 2013 (3)
- June 2013 (2)
- Come to the Goodwill Ribbon Cutting and Open House
- Goodwill Collecting Donations at Sasquatch Festival
- Give Goodwill!
- My New Book Club: Easy and Cheap
- Celebrating 90 Years | Learning at Seattle Goodwill
- Celebrating 90 Years | Live Hi Up - An Interview with Angela Moorer
- Donate Today and Help Build The Future
- Shopping Goodwill – My Favorite Finds
- Beyoncé is Lending Her Voice for GOOD
- Board Member and Volunteer James Thomas Helps Us Celebrate National Volunteer Week
- Put It Down For the Town - Celebrate Earth Day with Macklemore Monday!
- Donate to Goodwill in Honor of Earth Day
- Participate in our Earth Day Giveaway for a Chance to Win Macklemore Tickets!
- Celebrating 90 Years | Goodwill Style with Darcy Camden
- Spring Cleaning Helps Others Find Jobs
- Rat City Rollergirls Talk Thrift!
- Celebrating 90 Years | Store Manager Israel Juarez Knows the Power of Education
- Get Your Taxes Prepared for Free at Goodwill
- Celebrating 90 Years | Volunteering at Goodwill
- Salvaging 35 Million Pounds
- Shop in Style at the Urban Girls’ Garage Sale
- Celebrating 90 Years | Shopping for Goodwill Fashions with Blogger Jess Estrada
- Celebrating 90 Years | The Early History of Seattle Goodwill
- Shop Our Designer Accessory Sale Starting Tomorrow!
- Water Cooler Conversations – What Not to Say
- Celebrating 90 Years - The Gift of Education
- Our Designer Accessory Sale is next Friday and Saturday!
- Celebrating 90 Years - Tina Witherspoon is Hooked on Thrift
- Get Organized – Tips to De-Clutter Your Life
- Celebrating 90 Years - Stories from the Community
- Celebrating 90 Years - Job Training at Goodwill
- Dress For the Job You Want
- Celebrating 90 Years – Charles Cross Talks Music, Mugs and Cheap Furniture
- Celebrating 90 Years - Thrifting Tips from Kim Holcomb
- Attend the Finale of Seattle’s Fashion Reality Show, The Look!
- Help Goodwill Celebrate 90 Years!
- January 2013 (5)
- December 2012 (4)
- Our Mission at Work: Meet Mary Jane
- Are You Ready for Winter Weather?
- Winter Wardrobe Wonderland
- Thank You for Making the 2012 Glitter Sale a Success!
- Glitter Sale 2012 is Finally Here - Time to Grab Some Designer Flats!
- Glitter Sale 2012: Get That Great Gatsby Look
- Glitter Sale 2012: Fresh Fall Trend: Hunter Green
- Glitter Sale 2012: Why You Should Get Up Early and Get in Line
- Glitter Sale 2012: Tips for Shopping the Glitter Sale
- Glitter Sale 2012: Make a Statement with an Eye-Catching Necklace
- Glitter Sale 2012 Favorites: Designer Shoes
- Glitter Sale 2012: The Little Black Dress
- Glitter Sale 2012: Tina’s Picks: If I Were Shopping Today, This is What I Would Buy
- Glitter Sale 2012: In Praise of Burgundy
- Glitter Sale 2012: Designer Bags Galore!
- Glitter Sale 2012: How to Create Personal Style: Include Vintage Pieces in the Mix
- Glitter Sale 2012: Husky Pride
- Glitter Sale 2013 Preview: Holiday Pins
- Glitter Sale 2012: Find The Perfect Dress for Any Occasion
- Glitter Sale 2012: Winter Whites Done Right
- Glitter Sale 2012: The Sheath Dress: A Short History
- Glitter Sale 2012: All That Glitters – Add Some Sparkle With Brooches
- Glitter Sale 2012: Shop Marc Jacobs
- Glitter Sale 2012: Update Your Wardrobe with Gold and Silver Metallics
- Build your Halloween Costume at Goodwill and Save Money!
- Glitter Sale 2012: Gucci, Coach and Jimmy Choo: Designer Clothing and Accessories
- Glitter Sale 2012: Fall Fashion: Black and Blue and Seen All Over
- Glitter Sale 2012: The Ever-Fashionable Animal Print
- Five Tips for New Job Seekers
- Glitter Sale 2012: From Burberry to North Face, cover up in these jackets and stay dry in the Seattle rain
- Glitter Sale 2012: Walk out with some amazing designer shoes!
- Glitter Sale 2012: Fresh Trends for Fall
- Glitter Sale 2012: Coming Soon!
- Finding a Good Job Fit When You Identify as LGBT
- Our Mission at Work: Meet Dolores
- Glitter 2012: The Animal Trend Gets Glittery
- Glitter Sale 2012: All About Leather
- Glitter Sale 2012: Designer Clothes for Men
- Our Mission at Work: Meet Nutjaree
- Glitter Sale 2012: Shop Diane von Furstenberg
- Glitter Sale 2012: Pin Me! Be Bold with Brooches
- September 2012 (5)
- Our Mission at Work: Meet Danilo
- Goodwill Craft Corner: T-shirt Scarves
- Let’s Get to Work: When Potential Employers Ask Illegal Questions
- We're beating the heat in vintage swimsuits
- Our Mission at Work: Meet Oscar
- Stay summery with bold patterns and bright colors
- Donate now at even more locations!
- The grand opening of our South Lake Union store!
- July 2012 (4)